Recent SPD Training
- July 11, 2012 – Officer Joseph Marcello and Officer Jon Ricciarelli received instructor certification in SABRE Aerosol Spray.July 24, 2012 – Chief Richard P. St. Sauveur, Jr. attended training on The Future of Policing.
- August 2012 – All Department Sworn Officers received Shotgun and Long Rifle in-service training.
- August 8, 2012 – Officers Dennis Courtemanche, Officer Scott Hopkins and Officer Jason Corser were certified in the use of the M-4 Weapons System.
- August 15, 2012 – Captain Robert Eaton, Sergeant Gerald Pezzullo and Sergeant Gregg Catlow, Jr. attended a Use of Force – Legal Aspects training at the Rhode Island Municipal Police Academy.
- August 16, 2012 – Members of the Smithfield Police Department conducted a multi-agency tactical response to an “Active Shooter / Hostage Situation Drill” on the campus of Bryant University.
- September 9, 2012 – Several Department Administrative Officers, Sworn Officers, and Civilians received training in Access to Public Records Act.
- September 24, 2012 – Captain Michael Rheaume, Officer Robert Squillante, Officer Gary Masterson, Detective Christopher Taylor and Officer Orlando Braxton were trained in how to investigate Abuse in Later Life.
- September 24, 2012 – Sergeant Gerald Pezzullo and Sergeant Gregg Catlow, Jr. attended a Field Force Operations training held in Anniston, Alabama.