- An application to conduct a raffle may be obtained at the Smithfield Police Department, or online at smithfieldpd.com or www.risp.ri.gov/sectionsandunits/charitablegaming.php;
- Applications must be filled out completely, to include the name and address of the organization as well as the name, home address and date of birth of the person applying. Ticket information must include a breakdown of the number of tickets to be sold , price per ticket and types of prizes being awarded;
- The completed application must brought to the Smithfield Police Department with a $5 check payable to the Rhode Island State Police (No cash);
- The application will be processed and forwarded to Rhode Island State Police;
- All incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant, which will delay the process;
- When the applicant receives a letter of approval from Rhode Island State Police, he or she is to return to the Smithfield Police Department with a $5 check payable to the Smithfield Police Department for the permit;
- At the conclusion of the event, the financial report must be completed and returned to Rhode Island State Police.
PLEASE ALLOW 60 DAYS FOR PROCESSING